The new Salomon Outpath GTX just arrived at J&H and this is one of the most exciting lightweight hikers we have seen in some time. It has the classic Salomon fit but with some new technologies not seen in other shoes. Highlights:
- Seamless, water resistant sensifit™ textile upper makes for a clean, flexible, and lightweight package.
- Asymmetrical Quicklace™ lacing gives a precise forefoot fit.
- Gussted tongue and lace pocket.
- GORE-TEX® Performance Comfort laminate equals the highest level of waterproofing.
- High traction and maximum grip from the Contagrip™ outsole.
- Ortholite insole with EVA heel and arch insert.
- Strobel last for increased cushion.
- 11.8oz in men’s size 9.
This shoe has trail runner feel in a more protective and weatherproof package. The upper is extremely soft for a waterproof shoe due to the patented sensifit™ textile material. Many waterproof shoes are firm because of the underfoot board required in the waterproofing process but Salomon avoids this by utilizing a strobel last giving it a soft and flexible ride. The Outpath has limited distribution but we are proud to have been chosen by Salomon to be the dealer for this area. This will immediately go to the top of the list for those looking for a high performance hiking or fastpacking shoe.